[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Series or parallel? (fwd)

From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, February 07, 1998 1:04 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Series or parallel? (fwd)

to: Tim

Running the cap in parallel with the power source and the spark gap in
series (like most schematics show) is the best possible way to insure the
reasonably quick death of your NST.  Always run the gap (stationary or
rotary) in parallel with the NST and the cap in series with the adjustable
primary tap.  Be sure to use some protection between your NST and the gap
(on each leg) to prevent any spikes kicking back.  500-1000 Ohms of
resistance in series with a small air core inductor works fine.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net