[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Voltage/Length (fwd) (the Kevlar thread)

----------
From:  John H. Couture [SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent:  Tuesday, February 10, 1998 12:50 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Voltage/Length (fwd) (the Kevlar thread)

  Greg, Jim, All -

  There are two problems with what is shown below.
  The 985 KV (Vs) cannot be measured with any instruments to verify this
voltage.
  The 24.2 J assumes RMS conditions which do not exist in the Tesla coil
secondary circuit.

  Note that  watts = joules/dt = volts x amps x cos A
  What did you use for "dt" and "cos A" to satisfy the non RMS conditions?

  The Vs voltage can be estimated by using the spark length and comparing it
with the tests results of high voltage labs.

  John Couture