[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

"The Mighty Corona Cone"

----------
From:  Bert Hickman [SMTP:bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com]
Sent:  Wednesday, February 11, 1998 8:59 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: "The Mighty Corona Cone"

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Steve,

The toroid outer diameter should be at least twice the coil diameter to
be most effective... and even larger if possible. This is necessary to
adequately change the electrostaic field shape at the top of the coil,
protecting it, and also to add enough of a topload for best performance,
especially if you plan on increasing output power. Make a much larger
diameter toroid and this problem should go away. Try it - you'll like
it!!

Safe coilin' to you, Steve!

-- Bert --