[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Large Transformer Question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 21:46:34 -0600
From: Jeff Corr <corr-at-enid-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Large Transformer Question

>Last question - I cut some microwave xfrms apart in a band saw and
>removed the secondaries. I measured them out around 350 mH, an
>acceptable Tesla-Coil choke.  Have people used them before? What current
>/ voltage limitations do they have?

I don't know about the other stuff, but the secondaries are rated at half
an amp, which is more than you will ever need for a choke.  It should
work great.

I think your cap value of .01uf is too high...  What is the current output
of your transformers?  The typical range of cap value should be .01uf
for every 30ma of current.

Jeff Corr   |   corr-at-mail.enid-dot-com   |   580-234-6749
http://www.harvestcomm-dot-net/personal/corr/index.htm
ICQ UIN # 1303360 | Nick TacoBell