[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Coax Cap?? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 10:11:32 +1200
From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Coax Cap??

Hi Chris,

I designed a cap using alternate wires in a telephone cable with lots
of pairs in it. I don't remember the exact number of wires in the
piece I used (think it was around 30  i.e. 15 pairs). I obtained
around 500pF for a foot length. Details are in a post of mine made to
the list about mid last year. Not a great cap because the insulation
was PVC but it did work OK. I tested it to 18kVDC.

Malcolm