[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Poor Form? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 11:02:11 -0700
From: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Poor Form? (fwd)

to: Greg

The big point everyone misses with sonotubes is the release agent.  This
agent will semiconduct at potentials above 500-600 kV.  If your system is
running with a 5-6 ft. spark (or less) and is properly sealed with
polyurethane or other insulation (inside as well as outside) it will run
and perform well for a long time.  The sonotubes are a poor choice when the
sparks get in the 8-12 ft. range -- they will work but their useful
lifetime is limited.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net