[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Insulation on Primary windings (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 10:14:49 -0600
From: "Barton B. Anderson" <mopar-at-mn.uswest-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Insulation on Primary windings (fwd)

> Refering to my subject line, Insulation on the primary, why is it, that
> for every coil I've seen (from miniature to huge), the primary windings
> *never* have any insulation... why is this so?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Catchya!
> Rod

  Rod, an insulated primary requires some design for how one plans on
"tapping" the primary during tuning. With non-insulated primarys, there is no
special design required. One can simply fassion a clamp and move it on the
primary to any position desired. Insulation is basically just a hinderance to
the tuning stage.

Hope this helps,
Bart