[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Insulation on Primary windings (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 10:57:09 -0600
From: Shaun <shaunobrien-at-geocities-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Insulation on Primary windings (fwd)

Rod,

    There is no real benifite in leaving the insulation on. Everything looks
like copper to 200Kv+. If you strip all the insulation off it is eaiser to
tune your primary circuit too. I've used stranded and solid wire. The
stranded wire pirmary I made worked better than the solid wire one, but it
was a diffrent coil too. I'd go with #12 house wire for the primary. It's
cheep and easy to work with. Except you have to strip it. Hope this helps
you a little.

TTLY.
Shaun