[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: secondary coil wire (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 12:09:50 -0800
From: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: secondary coil wire (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

Walt,

When I built the primary for my coil, I used 3/8" OD refrigerator
tubing. By sanding, and pre-fluxing a piece of 1" long 1/4" OD copper
tubing, I was able to slide this inside the ends of the 3/8" tubing and
carefully sweat-solder the joint. This made for a physically strong
joint that hand the same overall OD as the 3/8" tubing - you have to
really look hard to see the splice. The same thing should be possible
using 1/4" tubing and a small piece of 1/8" or so copper tubing, a short
piece of #6 or #8 AWG solid wire, or even some stranded #6 or #8 AWG
copper wire (which will become solid once the solder solidifies).

Hope this helps!

-- Bert --