[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

parabolic dish primary (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 21:53:37 EST
From: Dsurfr-at-aol-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: parabolic dish primary

I'm currently winding a #10 helical primary because the rest of my coil set up
is completed and I'm too impatient to wait until I learn enough to make a 1/4"
copper tube 30 degree one but I just wondered if anyone has ever tried using a
parabolic disc as a primary? Probably a very dumb question (I'm an architect
not an electrical engineer) but from what little I understand of them they can
be set for a specific frequency and could be set to focus on a specific area
of the secondary to achieve resonance. Sorry if this is an inane question but
I just had to ask. Thanks, Jim