[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

secondary coil wire (fwd)

----------
From:  gweaver [SMTP:gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, February 15, 1998 1:35 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: secondary coil wire (fwd)

Yes the copper can be spliced very easy.  This is how I do it.  File out the
burr on the inside end of the copper tubing using a round file.  Cut 4
pieces of #12 solid copper wire about 1" long each.  Insert the 4 pieces of
wire into the end of the copper tubing so half the wire is inside the tubing
and half the wire is hanging out.  Heat the copper tubing an carefully
solder the wires in place. Slide the other copper tubing over the 4 wire and
solder it in place also. Slide the 2 pieces of tubing together until they
touch. When it cools file off any excess solder on the outside for the
tubing. You have to look extremely close on a finished primary coil to find
the splice.  Some of my primary coils are make from several scrap pieces of
copper all spliced together (4 or 5 splices) but that doesn't seem to effect
the primary. I know the splices are there but I have to look very hard to
find them.

Gary Weaver