[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TC enfeeblement (deliberate)

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Tuesday, February 17, 1998 2:53 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: TC enfeeblement (deliberate)

I think this is a great post John:

Now some things could be individually changed. For example, replacing
the braid in the primary with pipe. Changing the secondary for one of
the same diameter and height (same Cself) but with a different topload
and different inductance while maintaining an identical minimum ROC in
the topload.
     I am a bit loath to suggest this because of the work but it's
something I've always wanted to do.

> I suspect that if the above parameters for both the old and new coils
> are plugged into most TC computer programs, they will fail to predict
> the wide performance variance seen between the two coils.

I suspect so too ;)

Regards,
Malcolm