[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A tragic coil

----------
From:  mark [SMTP:moyson-at-tig-dot-com.au]
Sent:  Thursday, February 19, 1998 5:17 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: A tragic coil

Thankyou everyone for responding!
 1. I have used banks of 630V caps before with no problems.

 2. The wire on the secondary is a marone/red colour. Does this mean it is
enammeled?

Does that also meam that the turns can touch??

The turns on this coil are separated so if it was uninsulated wire, then
would it still work or should I trash this coil and build one myself??????

 3. I replaced the 630V caps with a bank of 3KV caps and then a strange thin
happened. When I turned it on....no sparks but absolutly MASSIVE RF
interference. The tv in another room lost the reception (I was told) and the
auto garage door opened up by itself and went "haywire" till I turned the
coil off. It also lit up a neon light at about 10cm from the coil.

What is going on here?????? I am totally lost now!!!!