[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

would a 15kv 300 amp mri power supply

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Wednesday, February 18, 1998 12:13 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: would a 15kv 300 amp mri power supply

To: A.S. Chesnick

Unless you are planning on building a Tesla coil with a 300 ft. long spark
and are using a 100 MFD cap you certainly don't need anywhere near 300
amps.  A standard pole pig running 14.4 kV current limited to 500-1000 ma
will do just fine to create sparks up to 20 ft. long.  The cost of the huge
cap for the 300 amp beast would kill the average experimenter.  I  would
pass on this "steal deal" unless you have a specific application for it.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net