[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TC enfeeblement (deliberate)

----------
From:  John H. Couture [SMTP:couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net]
Sent:  Friday, February 20, 1998 3:52 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: TC enfeeblement (deliberate)

  Michael -

  One of the advatanges of using a computer program like the JHCTES is that
you can make changes in your coil via computer instead of building and
rebuilding coils. In this manner you can see how single and MULTIPLE changes
affect the coils output. Keep in mind that the computer recalculates all of
the parameters for the new changes. No program will ever be 100% accurate
for Tesla coils because of the nature of TC operation.

However, there are millions of posible TC parameter combinations (JHCTES has
46) and building and testing them all is not feasible so using computer
programs can save a lot of time. But to make the programs reasonably
accurate good benchmarks are required and these can only be obtained by
building coils and testing them. The benchmarks can then be converted into
equations that a computer can use by math regression and other methods.

  I do not claim that the JHCTES gives 100% accuracy in its present form or
ever will but it is getting better and better as more data comes in from
coilers. Because this data for the program is from many coilers it is an
average of many tests, not an isolated test. The more test that coilers
perform and will publisize the results, the more accurate computer programs
will become.

  I understand that there are several TC programs out there that could be
made similar to the JHCTES program if they would combine and coordinate all
of the parameters at the same time. I believe these programs could be
enhanced to do this and even with more parameters if the developers can find
the time and motivation to work on them.

  Of course, real progress can only be made if coilers build and test their
coils and make the information available to other coilers.

  John Couture