[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Opposed Resonator

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Sunday, February 22, 1998 4:36 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Opposed Resonator

Hi all,
        I wound the opposed winding over an existing resonator and
checked its properties. It appears to look like a straight piece of
wire the height of the secondary (i.e. a VHF monopole). It resonates
at a frequency considerably higher than my function gen can get to
(6.6mHz odd). On attaching a scope probe to the top (Ctop around 14pF
shunted by 10 MOhms) it looked to be approaching resonance around
7MHz. I'll confirm that with the RF signal generator shortly (ran out
of time before work this morning). So, nothing unexpected except that
it is a waste of wire.

Malcolm