[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

833A

----------
From:  Gregory R. Hunter [SMTP:ghunter-at-mail.enterprise-dot-net]
Sent:  Tuesday, February 24, 1998 12:14 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  833A

Hi Guys,

I lucked up on an 833A triode (for free!).  I have no experience
with the big tube.  Is it OK to mount it horizontally?  I plan to
run mine pretty hot using a 1KVA MOT for +B.  I'm thinking about
removing the old magnetron filament winding & rewinding it for the
filament supply.  This would certainly make for a cheap, compact
power supply.  The same dead oven that provided the transformer also
yielded a nice, open-frame 5" blower--suitable for cooling the tube?
Any advice on care & feeding of the 833A would be much appreciated.

Greg

East Anglia, UK