[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIG arc starter inductor and X-ray tubes.

----------
From:  Edward V. Phillips [SMTP:ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu]
Sent:  Thursday, February 26, 1998 1:29 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re:  TIG arc starter inductor and X-ray tubes.

"Oh, from time to time I can get ahold of used x-ray tubes and the
like.  For a nominal fee (basically shipping) I could get an
interested coiler a tube.  These are hospital-grade, oil-cooled (via
convection) ~30-60KW tubes with a rotating tungsten target, about the
size of a large loaf of bread.  These tubes will be well-used but
generally servicable.  Let me know if anyone is looking for this sort
of thing... Otherwise they just go into the trash, which is a crime!"

Bill:

	I'd be very interested in getting one of those tubes.  Am
I correct in assuming that cooling and anode rotation are not
required for short periods (minute) of operation at low power
levels?  By the way, what does it take to run the filmaments?

Regards,

Ed