[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Silicon oil?

----------
From:  Bert Hickman [SMTP:bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com]
Sent:  Sunday, February 01, 1998 9:40 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Silicon oil?

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Michael,

If you're thinking about making some home-made caps or repackaging some
neon trannies, grab it! This is a silicone insulating oil that can be
used instead of mineral oil. It's significantly less flammable, and has
excellent stability even under high temperatures. Permitivity at 2.7, is
a bit higher than mineral oil (2.2), and breakdown voltage is as good or
better than mineral oil. Nice find!

-- Bert --