[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 60 Gaps at 4 mil Data (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 1998 18:57:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Michael Nolley <mhnolley-at-willamette.edu>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Cc: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: 60 Gaps at 4 mil Data (fwd)

	I have begun building a multi gap of my own with adjustable spacing:
I used 2 copper pipe caps joined by a small section of copper pipe.  One
cap is fixed and the other is moveable--  when completed each
section, secured to lexan by plastic pipe straps, should be completely
adjustable for maximum flexibility.  The enclosure will probably be two
sheets of lexan sandwiching the row of gaps, with a slanted wooden form
for focusing the blast of air.
  Terry, you said that you had a 10 kw system using multi-gaps.  Are you
using a pig setup?  Are these high power levels really feasable without a
rotary?
		--Mike