[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: How to rise the secondary? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 19:45:51 EDT
From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: How to rise the secondary? (fwd)

 - snip -

<<
   I have studied and researched this problem with over a dozen coils. My
 conclusion was that raising the secondary was not necessary with a properly
 designed TC. In fact a TC that requires raising the secondary can never be
 adjusted to produce optimum output. This is because moving the secondary
 away from the primary will reduce the output. I have not solved the problem
 of finding the exact coupling for a particular TC. However, coupling is not
 critical as it does not affect the amount of energy transferred. Only
 sufficient pri/sec clearance is required to prevent sparkovers. I agree more
 research is needed.

   John Couture

John,

Pardon me, but you seem to beating a dead horse here.  Some of us prefer to
build coils by doing the math, build the thing, fire it up and adjust for the
most spark.  This really isn't a big deal, it's all part of the fun.  I think
you are the only person that I know that wants to design the thing perfectly
on paper, then build it and not touch it.

Ed Sonderman