[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Output arc lenghts (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 23:23:36 -0700
From: Michael Tucknott <Michael.Tucknott-at-virgin-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Output arc lenghts (fwd)

> <<
> >     The system will be powered by a resistively limited pole pig, so no
> chance of
> > resonant charging, I'm planning on running with a static gap, so 100
> pulses
> per
> > sec, and a spherical top load about 3" in dia. as for quenching, not
> sure,
> but the
> > gap will be at least fan blown, possibly air blast if I can get the
> compresor back
> > of a friend :-).
>   >>

Steve hi

6 inches from a pole pig sounds a bit on the small side.
The coil brian and myself built used OBITS for about 1Kw at 10Kv four of
them
in parell the secondary is 4.25" by 22" we are usuing two toroids and
salt water bottle caps.
The gap is the norm (RQ) with a small muffin fan on top.
To date the discharge has hit 26" to a grounded post.

Cheers Mike Tucknott(UK coiler)