[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tesla coil project plans (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 12:50:58 -0400
From: Justin Hennigan <justinh-at-interlaced-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Tesla coil project plans

Hello all,  I was wondering if anyone could give me the specs to one of
their coils and directions on how to build it.  I am looking to build a
large coil, but I don't have time to experiment and do trial-and-error tests
to get it exactly right.  So I'm looking for simple directions on how to
build a coil that will produce good results with the equipment I have.
Here's a list of the good stuff.

4 moving, 2 stationary point, rotary synchronous spark gap
13/16 copper ribbon
  5A 0-140 VAC Powerstat
18A 0-140 VAC Variac
28A 0-240 VAC Powerstat
5) microwave transformers
14.4 KV Potential transformer
15 KV 30mA Franceformer for neon
7.5 KV 30mA Franceformer for neon
10 KV 23mA Franceformer oil-furnace ignition

20KV Fixed vacuum Jennings capacitor
7.5KV vacuum variable capacitor
2) 40KV 2700pF Ceramite
2) 20KV 500pF Sprague doorknob
6) 30KV 500pF Sprague doorknob
4) 15KV 40pF CRL transmitter cap
5) 20KV 500pF CRL doorknob
3) 15KV 1000pF ceramic
14) 4KV .22uF Sprague Fabmica

If there's anything i can do with these items, I'd like to know.  I'd like a
coil that can make 3foot streamers or more.