[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dogmatism, 'authority questioning,' and science. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 06:23:55 +0000
From: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Dogmatism, 'authority questioning,' and science. (fwd)

  Clay, All -

  I hope that the Tesla List does not get side-tracked into discussions on
scientific dogmas, viewpoints, theory vs practice, Aristotelian views,
determinism, chaos theory, etc, etc,etc.

  I do not think that "contradicting theory" is any big deal. It may mean
either the theory is wrong or is being misinterpreted. A decision can easily
be made by testing real world coils. This is what coilers like Malcolm are
doing every day.

  I now find that the  "John vs Malcolm"  discussion was referring to two
different things. Malcolm was referring to "transfer is lossless". I was
referring to "coupling vs tuning". That can be chaos.

  John Couture