[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary Materials (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 00:09:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Michael Nolley <mhnolley-at-willamette.edu>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Cc: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Primary Materials (fwd)

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Tesla List wrote:

> [...]
I think he may be referring to hardline aluminum-wall cable TV coax...
this is what I used-- I haven't tested it out, but an earlier post seems
to confirm that it has comparable efficiency to copper tubing, despite
the fact that it's aluminum...
	you can wind helical primaries easily at the Cable TV yard-- use
an empty spool, say 18 inches in diameter, and use some brute strength to
fix the cable and wind it properly-- up to 1 inch diam coax can be wound
this way-- I'm still trying to figure out how to do a pancake with the
same idea
	Good luck to those of you on small budgets-- It's tough, but it
pays off.. so far I've only spent around 55 dollars on my form, coil,
primary, NST power supply, and caps-- most of the stuff I have been
scrounging for free.  This includes nearly everything except the HDPE
form, secondary wire-- which I purchased at a junk yard for $1/lb, and
the copper tubing.
	Thanks again to Chip and all-- the list has helped me get a foot
in the door-- although the theoretical aspects of the science have been
getting past me.
		Mike