[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Radio Circuit (was tuning more accurately than 5%) (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 05:13:18 +0000
From: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Tesla's Radio Circuit (was tuning more accurately than 5%)

  Richard, All -

  I disagree about Tesla having "honed what was first just a glorified
induction coil system". The induction coil and the Tesla coil are two
completely different electrical concepts.

  The induction coil stores electricity in a coil and produces a high
voltage (inductive kick) when the circuit is OPENED. The Tesla coil stores
electricity in a capacitor and produces a high voltage (in the secondary)
when the circuit is CLOSED. There is much more.

  However, this is not the important radio aspect of the Tesla coil that
Marconi stole from Tesla. Up until the time of Tesla's "Tesla coil"
invention it was impossible to transmit more than microwatts using Hertz's
circuits and radio waves. Tesla's invention was a dual RCL circuit that made
it possible to go from microwatts to megawatts in radio transmitters. This
is the concept that Marconi stole from Tesla. The US patent department was
conned by Marconi into believing Marconi's circuit was a different concept.
Even today the radio concept of Tesla's invention is not well known or
understood.

    John Couture

At 09:33 PM 7/21/98 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]
Certainly not