[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dummy Load (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 11:17:47 -0600
From: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Dummy Load (fwd)

to: Greg

You can do it safely with your 450 va coil.  The real issue here is the
peak current density in the arc and is really dependent on the size of your
primary capacitor and how efficient your pri-sec coupling is.  The larger
diameter coils will produce higher current densities.  We found a logical
limit with a coil dia. of 12 inches (max) and a .03 MFD cap.  Values
greater than these two will begin to annoy you and they start to burn you.
Below these values -- no problem if you are not standing barefoot in a pool
of water.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net