Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 18:19:55 -0400
From: Jason P <jsp6-at-usa-dot-net>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Will my coil design work?...

hello,
I tried posting this last night but had no success:

I have long thought of this coil design and I wanted to run it pass you
guys for your opinions.
Please refer to the asci-art below....

           00
         000000    - Toroid (size not determined yet)
           00
           ii
      ------------
   |                 |
   |                 |
   |        A        |     - 10"x30" dia , 26 gauge wound secondary
   |                 |
   |                 |
   |                 |
       ------------
  ___________I____________
 |                        |
 |           B            |  - 15"dia, 14 gauge wound
 |                        |   secondary (length not determined as of now)
 --------------------------
  <><><><><><><><><><><>   -  1" dia copper pancake style primary
This setup should work as a magnifier, shouldn't it?

NOTES:
The base of the wire on coil "B" will be grounded
The base of wire on coil "A" will be connected to the top of coil "B"

**For those of you wondering about the power supply, I plan to use a
standard 14.4 - 240 pole pig (with some sort of current limiter),
a rotory spark gap (1/2hp 3600rpm sync motor w/ two spinning
electrodes), home rolled pvc caps (once the requirements are
determained), and heavy gauge welding wire for all the connections.

Thanks in advance,
-Jason
jsp4-at-usa-dot-net