[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: insulating primary tank (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 08:55:58 +0930
From: Mark Finnis <mefinnis-at-medicine.adelaide.edu.au>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: insulating primary tank (fwd)

At 09:42 PM 24/07/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Im building a display coil for school so safty is a major concern. So
>im building a fully insulated primary tank. I wont rely on this
>insulation but every little counts. Insulating the xfmr,cap,spark
>gap,and protection circuit is easy but the primary coil well thats
>sort of different. Every SG tesla coil ive ever seen has exposed hv
>primary coils. SOOOOO why not build a lexan box round the primary with
>a smart door for retuning. a hole in the top of the box to allow a
>secondry coil to protude.

Best idea is like the coil at a science exhibition near me.  They have the
entire coil in a Faraday cage & the control box for the power supply in a
locked cabinet.

And we are talking about a big coil here ;-)

Mark

Mark Finnis					Hm:  61 8 8289 5205
Consultant, Intensive Care Unit			Wk:  61 8 8222 5042
Royal Adelaide Hospital				Fax: 61 8 8223 6340
Adelaide  SA  5000,   Australia			Mbl: 041 2324268
http://www.health.adelaide.edu.au/icu/