[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

FW: word 97 converter

----------
From:  Bill Noble [SMTP:william_b_noble-at-email.msn-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, June 01, 1998 12:16 AM
To:  Tesla List
Cc:  mefinnis-at-medicine.adelaide.edu.au
Subject:  word 97 converter

instead of sending files all over creation, try looking on the microsoft web
site for a word 97 converter that plugs into word 95 - I am pretty sure
there is one there - I found a converter for macintosh, so surely there is
one for PC.

And, I agree, RTF is a more universal format, but it is MUCH larger, so
download time is longer.  Word 97 (and 95) support "save as HTML" if you add
in another program you can DL from microsoft's site - this gives you a more
compact file and a more universal file, but it tends to reduce the
resolution of the embedded graphics.  And, it turns a file with graphics
into several files.

Adobe PDF is really nice, but you have to buy a product from Adobe to make
PDF files.