[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Wire length,resonance, and Q (fwd)

----------
From:  Mark S Graalman [SMTP:wb8jkr-at-juno-dot-com]
Sent:  Saturday, May 30, 1998 8:00 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Wire length,resonance, and Q (fwd)

  Terry and Greg,

 Perhaps if you check out my article in the TCBA
news it will be of interest:
An Analysis of a Tesla Coil
TCBA news Vol 12 #4 pages 14-16  1993

 Actually I think we're quite in agreement here,
but for a tesla secondary to be viewed as a
lumped inductor Cterm has to be VERY large in
comparison to Cself. But even under that
condition it is still a resonant transformer
(narrowband response)

Mark Graalman