[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Musings on Medhurst

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Friday, June 05, 1998 10:20 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Musings on Medhurst

to: Thomas

Many of these mysteries were actually solved long ago by David Sloan who
developed the lineac at Stanford.  He built a resonance transformer similar
to your #4.  It only had 18 turns of secondary coil, was vacuum tube
driven, and developed 1,000,000 volts at 100 kilowatts.  Sadly, he only
published one paper on this data but his research indicates he did
understand the processes involved.  It was a coaxial resonator in a large
metal tank filled with insulating gas.  His failure to publish more data
leaves us wondering what he knew.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: 'Tesla List' <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>