[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary Coil Turns

----------
From:  Barton B. Anderson [SMTP:mopar-at-uswest-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, June 08, 1998 8:22 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Secondary Coil Turns

Steve,

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Steve, good question. This is one of those grey areas I've also wondered about.
I'm suspecting that a coil with say 1,500 turns would build a pretty high dc
resistance based on the length and the reduced wire diameter to keep a coil
within "ratio's". Probably not advantagous. My secondary using 18awg, 12.5"
diam., measured 16.2 ohms (calc to be 16.4ohms). I think it wise to keep the dc
resistance as low as possible. I would like to comment more here, but there
have been some fantastic postings recently which has got me re-thinking "every"
aspect of how a TC operates. I hope others comment here and shed more "spark"
on the statement of the 1,000 turn limit. Anyone?

Bart