[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary Coil Turns

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Wednesday, June 10, 1998 12:33 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Secondary Coil Turns

to: Tesla List & Steve Young

We have approx 30 years of experimenting with different types of coils and
find that a height/dia ratio of 4.5:1 with between 800 and 900 turns seems
to work best in most configurations.  Don't know exactly why but it does
work well with these design parameters. As Bart said, stay under 1000 turns
for optimum results.  You could run 1500 turns but the RF resistance begins
to get too high.  Around 800-900 turns produces a good inductance with
reasonable Q factor and RF resistance to produce great sparks.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

> From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> To: 'Tesla List' <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> Subject: Secondary Coil Turns