[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New cap test run

----------
From:  Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com [SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, June 12, 1998 11:43 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: New cap test run

<<
 Glad to hear that your coil is cranking out those big sparks again!   As
 you and I discussed last year, we have pretty similar systems.  Last Fall
 With a 6" form wound to 28" (#22 double formvar) I was up to 77".  Not up
 to the max you've achieved, but I'm still trying!  :-)  That coil has been
 in storage for the last seven months, so I'll have to see how it performs
 this summer with some tweaking.

 Zap!

 Charles Brush >>

Charles,

Sounds like we have about the same performance.  How much power were you
inputting for 77" sparks?  What are you using for an inductive ballast?  Do
you also use series resistance?

Ed Sonderman