[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary Coil Turns

----------
From:  Bert Hickman [SMTP:bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com]
Sent:  Saturday, June 13, 1998 12:00 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Secondary Coil Turns

<SNIP>

>  I would be interested to see how superconductivity research will affect
> TC's, laboratory built or otherwise, in the next couple of years..
> eliminating losses due to resistance would magnify the output
> considerably.  I imagine, though that we're at least 10-15 years away
> since superconductors are notoriously difficult to engineer-- any
> comments on the implications, though?
>
>                 --Mike

Mike,

Because of the significant "losses" created by the very sparks/streamers
we're looking for, the "Q" of the system is really not of tremendous
importance. A superconducting coil would show relatively little
performance improvement over a well-constructed room temperatur coil
once the coil was "breaking out".

-- Bert --