[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RSG Question

----------
From:  Gregory R. Hunter [SMTP:ghunter-at-enterprise-dot-net]
Sent:  Monday, June 15, 1998 4:17 PM
To:  'Tesla List'
Subject:  RE: RSG Question

Julian,

At the Teslathon I was fascinated by your RSG.  I had always assumed that constructing an RSG required the skills of a machinist plus a big bankroll, so I was reluctant to make one.  However, your gap was so simple & efficient I've begun to think perhaps I can build one after all.

I'm curious about the size of your tank capacitor.  If you're running 14 Amps at 240VAC, that corresponds to 305ma at 11KV.  According to Wintes3.1, you need .088uf to impedance match that at 50Hz.  Were you using .088uF?  I thought your cap was smaller than that.  That's what I'm getting at.  Does the RSG somehow allow the system to process more power with less cap?

Cheers,

Greg
Suffolk, UK