[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Warthog coil pictures

----------
From:  Bert Pool [SMTP:bertpool-at-ticnet-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, June 18, 1998 6:01 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Warthog coil pictures

Excellent choice in wire size.  I know what you mean about weight.  Our big 29
inch coil form weighs over 300 pounds - and that's without any wire!  We have
150 pounds of #12 wire for it, and I don' think we could even get the coil off a
winding jig.  I'm going to take a circular saw to the pipe and cut strips out of the
plastic to reduce weight by at least 50% before we wind it.

> Expected resonance will be at 58 Khz with the
> new toroid that is being built.  I hope to be about complete by 7/15/98.
> If you see a large cloud of smoke coming from Wisconsin, that might be the
> new coil!  I am taking pictures as I build and I hope to set up a web page
> too in the next month.  I'll let you know when I get further with either
> project.
>
> Chuck

I'm really looking forward to seeing your new web page and photos.

Bert Pool
TCBFW
bertpool-at-ticnet-dot-com