[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

High Voltage Diodes

----------
From:  David Sharpe [SMTP:sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com]
Sent:  Sunday, March 01, 1998 8:04 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: High Voltage Diodes

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Rodney

Use a CURRENT LIMITED DC power supply (0-15V) with a 100ohm resistor in
series with diode under test.  Adjust voltage upward until current
is read.  My MO Diodes will generally read 10-12V forward bias, a
Digital VOM (or even battery powered analog VOM) does not supply
enough voltage to forward bias these diodes.  If your supply has
adjustable constant current, set the current limit to 50-100 mA and
adjust the voltage upward until current limit is reached, the forward
conduction voltage is the voltage output of the power supply.

Regards

DAVE SHARPE, TCBOR