[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

EMI effects...

----------
From:  Bill the arcstarter [SMTP:arcstarter-at-hotmail-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, March 05, 1998 8:32 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: EMI effects...

It was written:

>Also, during the Christmas holiday, my "Ho! Ho! Ho!" Santa Claus
>electronic battery-operated doormat went berzerk with distorted
>electronic laughter every time I fired up.

LOL - I know what you mean!  We had a similar experience!

One of the first things we did with our nice new poly caps was to charge
them up to 7KV and discharge them.  This is what it sounded like:

"BANG! Mooo!"

Paul's daughter has a stuffed cow doll with an electronic "Mooing" chip
in it.  It picks up this emi pulse and thinks the kid is pressing the
cow, or whatever.   All significant arcs/ pulses set the thing off!

So when we run the coil, at the end of the run it sounds like:

Zzzzzzz-Moooo! <silence>

-Bill the arcstarter