[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

coilers in Florida

----------
From:  Rodney [SMTP:seshat-at-palmnet-dot-net]
Sent:  Wednesday, March 11, 1998 6:12 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: coilers in Florida

Hello,

I,m a coiller out of the melbourne area and I can reccomend a few places.
Try Skycraft out of Orlando,  I,ve seen neon sign transformers from
30ma-60ma for  40.00 to 65.00$
They are located on Fairbanks Ave. off of I-4.

I use a pole distribution transformer for my coil that I,m presently
building, but I would not reccomend it unless you,ve had some experience
with these. They will kill you no second chances. I bought mine from:

Roberts Transformers
2234 South Apopka Blvd,
Apopka, Fl
407-880-2524 ask for Mark Roberts

They 14.4kv and 19.2kv units in 10, 15 kva sizes, also have up to possibbly
200kva substation types. My 14.4kv 10kva unit ran me about 250.00$

A number of members on the list have items you can purchase:
Richard Hull  has outstanding video tapes for sale covering all aspects of
coilling

When hamfest come to the area by all means go, recent excursion to the one
in February in  Orlando netted me a new arc welder for 160.00$, 3 o-scope
high current pulse probes for 3.00$ apiece.

Good luck
Rodney Stapivic

"honey why are the lights going dim?"