[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Oddball Oudin Coil

----------
From:  Gregory R. Hunter [SMTP:ghunter-at-mail.enterprise-dot-net]
Sent:  Wednesday, March 18, 1998 1:56 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Oddball Oudin Coil

Dear Gents,

The device I described in the original post uses the re-wound core and
interrupter from a T-Model induction coil as a kicker.  However, the
75kV business end of the thing is a self-resonant, multi-layered air
core winding excited  by a copper tube primary & operating at much
higher frequency than any induction coil.  Brent Turner's book has a
good description & schematic of an Oudin coil.  If you're interested
in the original article, it's available (scanned) at:
http://www.noah-dot-org/science/x-ray/index.html

Cheers,

Greg