[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

small coil ground question

----------
From:  Mad Coiler [SMTP:tesla_coiler-at-hotmail-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, March 19, 1998 9:30 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  small coil ground question

Coilers,

I am considering for an IEEE project here at college to  build a small
coil that can be demonstrated in the labs or classrooms. I would like
some advice on wether or not a small coil can use the third terminal
ground on an outlet for its ground source. By small I am saying probably
2 feet long arcs or less. I have done this with my current coil that is
producing about 2 foot arcs and drawing about 8amps out of 120V outlet,
nothing seemed affected. I cannot think of any other possible earth
grounds seeing how pounding a rod into the ground is out of the
question.

Tristan Stewart