[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

First Coil Test at WPI

----------
From:  Hoto The Solder Tip [SMTP:seraphim-at-WPI.EDU]
Sent:  Friday, March 20, 1998 10:24 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  First Coil Test at WPI

Dear Coilers,
	I just finished my first coil and would like to thank all on the list who
have given me advice throughout my coiling experience, especially Fr.Tom
who gave me very sound advice on my H&R xfmrs. The coil is 10" sonotube
with 22 awg wire 36" tall. The primary is two H&R xfmrs (10KV -at- 300 ma
total) ,  .11uf interleaved poly / foil cap, new spark gap design which I
will post at a later date, and a modular base on casters that hold all
components except the variac and control box. First un-tuned tests yielded
3'  hot sparks to the closest target.  Going to tune and increase power
slowly and post pictures soon. Thanks all of you for your advice and
interesting posts.
Sincerely,
Joshua Resnick
             ____