[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

small coil ground question

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, March 21, 1998 9:04 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: small coil ground question

to: Tristan

Our company offers a free "Design for Small Tesla Oscillators Guide" that
will provide you with all the data you require to build a nice small coil.
You can obtain one free by sending me a $3 postage stamps (we usually send
them priority mail) and affix it to a 9 x 11 1/2" size mailing envelope
(SASE).  We run a med. size coil with a 48 inch spark on a 120 VAC wall
outlet.  As a safety precaution we use a 2 AWG welding cable ground with a
large copper alligator clip on one end to attach to any other possible
nearby ground such as a water faucet, or conduit case, etc.  The other end
is attached directly to the base of the secondary coil and is also tied to
the electrical ground.  In your control console be sure to use a pair of RF
line filters connected in series with MOV varisters on both inlets and
outlets.  Use a smaller pair of series connecte RF line filters on the RSG
if you use this type of gap.
Send your stamped mailer to 10700 N La Reserve #5103, Tucson, AZ 85737 for
fastest service.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net