[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

First Coil Test at WPI

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, March 21, 1998 8:36 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: First Coil Test at WPI

to: Joshua

After tuning primary, be sure to try elevating your sec. coil in increments
of 1/4-1/2 inch.  You should find an optimum point of elevation that
produces the longest sparks, ie, when the coeff. of coupling is just right
for your setup.  You could gain 6-8 inches or more of additional spark with
these experiments.  It takes time but is worth the effort.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net