[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Thoughts on making choke cores.

----------
From:  Hollmike [SMTP:Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Sunday, March 22, 1998 3:40 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Thoughts on making choke cores.

Bob,
   If there is any sandy soil in the area you live, you may be able to collect
some magnetite of  small particle size by placing a magnet inside a plastic
bag, or a plastic pill container, running it around the soil and then remove
the magnet from whatever it is in to release the magnetite.  This would make a
good ferromagnetic material to place inside the little donuts.  It would have
much resistance to eddy currents since there would be much contact resistance.
I have about 5 lbs of this that I collected in a local "hot spot" and have
considered using it for a similar purpose.  I would be interested in hearing
any info about this myself.
Mike Hollingsworth