[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

30 BPS, 60 BPS tests

----------
From:  Dan Kline [SMTP:ntesla-at-ntesla.csd.sc.edu]
Sent:  Tuesday, March 24, 1998 8:46 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  30 BPS, 60 BPS tests

>JHC wrote:
>>   Apparently the exact process of what is going on in the TC system to
>> produce the extra long spark is not completely known. What is known is that
>> it could require the energy of more than one bang to create that extra long
>> spark.
>
>YAY!
>
>[snip]
>> This means that energy from a previous bang is stored somehow in the
>> secondary circuit to be added to the energy from the next bang.
>
>Not observed in actual operating coils.
>The ion persistance argument works much better.
>
>-GL

To me, the ion-persistence is obvious. I have made several small coils in
which there would be no outbreak at all for several seconds, like 5 or 6.
Then I'd get constant breakout after that. If I ran the coil outdoors, I'd
get nothing. It took the longest time to decide what the problem was, and I
decided that it was the breeze blowing outside. It's hard for me to believe
that the secondary coil is going to store bits of energy for 5 or 6 seconds
when oscillating at ~250 kHz.
However, it's easy to think of taking 5 or 6 seconds for an ion cloud to
build up at ~that frequency. :)

Dan