[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

capacitors (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 18:27:27 -0800
From: Bill Noble <william_b_noble-at-email.msn-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: capacitors

I just bought a whole lot of capacitors, 1250VDC, 0.22 microfarads, 630VAC
rating - I'm planning on making a series/parallel arrangement of these for
my small (15KV neon powered) tesla coil.  I figure that putting 40 in series
will give me .00055 microfarads with plenty of voltage margin for tesla use
(40 times 630  is 25KVAC) - so two or three of these strings in parallel
ought to be about right.

The capacitors are brown ceramic covered and were originally bought to be
snubber capacitors in a UPS.  The bags they are packed in say "PAN ECQ-E",
and list the 1250VDC rating and the capacitance (224K).  They are made by
Matsushita electric company (at least that's what the bags say), dated april
1996

I have plenty of these for my needs and to share as well, so if anyone would
like some, E mail me separately (e.g. don't reply to the list, send to me
directly) - These caps cost a bit over a dollar each in large quantities
(like 10,000), and are new.  But I got a good price, so I can sell the
extras cheaply:

1 to 10, 25 cents each
11 to 50 20 cents each
50 to 250, 16 cents each