[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bert Pool's Visit (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:43:33 +1200
From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Bert Pool's Visit

Hi All,
          I had the pleasure of hosting Bert Pool and wife Leslie for
part of last evening. Bert is the first coiler I've met on the List
that I've actually met in person. He arrived here at my workplace
around 6:30PM after a long drive down country. He will be here for
another eleven days or so.
     I showed him some of the test gear I've been using in my coil
researches, the terminal from which I've been communicating with you
and we finally fired the coil out back. He shot a considerable amount
of video including a brief description of the test gear, coil and
some of the photos of magnifier waveforms I captured on the scope
recently. So there - it's all real :)
     He gave me a superb photograph of the magnifier system he and
Bill Emery have been working on which showed it throwing sparks all
over the yard in front of his garage. The craftsmanship is superb and
he left me with some very handy ideas on building more powerful
systems. I'm told by Leslie that one of the trees has since demised
due to repeated strikes. We ended the meeting with a light meal in a
local restaurant.

Malcolm